Monday, April 10, 2017

Who is My Friend the Couch?

So, this is by far a quite perplexing name. Especially for a blog. Let alone the blog isn't even about couches or even remotely any friends. It's just about my life and pretty much what ever comes across my tiny teenage mind. So, where does my name come from?

My eighth grade year, in jazz band, our director at the time, Ells, gave us our music. One of the songs was titled "My Friend the Couch". Everyone loved the name. It was just so random and had appeared to have nothing to do with music. I still have no idea what the inspiration was for the name of the song. It was Craig Skeffington that wrote it. I'll post a link down below if you guys want to listen to it.

That's where the name came from. A jazz band song. I didn't particularly like this song either, to be quite honest with you. It just was super long and the flute part was either just flat out boring or too much for me to handle. No in between. I don't think I'm a fan of it still. Nonetheless, the title still intrigues me.

So, no. I don't have a friend who is a couch.

https://www.jwpepper.com/10311439.item

No comments:

Post a Comment