Thursday, April 27, 2017

Giving Blood

I'm running short on my time today as I'm typing in intervention and that is never very long. In addition to that, I missed a good chunk of it. Intervention is a short study hall basically. I donated blood today, though. This is my second time donating and it went really well. A lot better than last time. However, I ate too  many donuts after and now my stomach is upset. Not full donuts but the the hole part of the donut. So, it was pretty much a ball of a donut. Anyway I had too many and I feel a little sick. I'm a little dizzy and light headed to be quite honest with you, but it isn't bad. Just ever so slightly. more importantly, I've been having issues with my... uh, digestive system and expelling waste. So this has been very uncomfortable. I have to go again and it's only half way through the day. I've already gone twice in the past couple hours. I hope it goes away once my monthly is over with. I tend to get gravely ill often times. Last night was pretty painful for me to endure and this morning sucked. I woke up drenched in sweat and I couldn't even shower. I feel so gross but I did what I could. I brought my deodorant to school just in case. You should always have some on you, I feel, but a lot of times I just reapply whenever I get home. I seriously hope I don't stink.
I've said pretty much everything I wanted to say but I have time to kill and I need to stay busy and distracted.

So, there was this girl that came up to me and started talking. She was really nervous. I don't know if she ever did donate. She was a student volunteer, though. So, she stayed with me the entire time. The kid next to me finched and made a face of pain when he had his needle put in. I stared at it and didn't even budge. Needles don't even phase me, quite honestly. She was really surprised. I used to be terrified of them when I was little. I would scream and cry and shout. It was terrible. Now, I just hand over my arm like I'm giving a toy to a dog. I can do them when I'm half asleep, as well. I was in a mental hospital a couple of times in the past and they get your blood really fucking early in the morning. Well, my second time there, I was prepared for it because I knew it was coming. The nurse flipped on the light and immediately I just tossed my arm over and let her do what she needed. She was a little weird about it. "It's okay. It's just a little pinch," that sort of bull. I just wanted to get it over with. I guess she thought I was nervous. I was just half asleep. So, yeah. I don't mind needles anymore. I'm so used to them at this point. Every time I go to the doctors, I feel they take my blood. I have to go in to get my blood tested to. The medication I'm on now tends to do something to it. I'm not sure what. I didn't get the original tests before the meds either. My psychiatrist felt it was more important to start treating me than to wait three months to get my blood looked at. I don't blame her. I'm so ready for a nap. Well, I only have a minute left in intervention. Signing off. See ya'.

No comments:

Post a Comment